Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Marathon

Until a couple of years ago, I never thought I would want to run a marathon. Then, one day, while driving the Alpine Loop to see the fall colors, I thought how fun it would be to run through the mountains while training for a marathon. I wasn't sure just when I would feel ready to do it and I definitely wouldnt have done it this year if it were'nt for my running friend Joanna. She attended the Iron Man Cor de Leine (how ever you spell it) to watch our other friend compete in her first Iron Man this past June and when she came home...she was fired up. I call it the "finish line effect!" You can't help but want to get up and move when you watch all those people cross the finish line of a race. The first time I felt it was while watching Troy compete in the Spudman Triathalon in Burley, Idaho. I remember thinking..."if some of these people can do this, so can I"

And now, after training for 3 months, I (we) did it. On September 19, 2009 we ran the Logan, Top of Utah, Marathon. I call it "Joanna's Marathon" because she was the driving force. She was the reason we all got roped in to doing it, and I'm so glad we did! Thanks Jo!

Here I am, wearing my medal proudly!!!


We were so happy when we saw Troy, Aaron, and Scott at mile 18. It was the best little pick-me-up we could have asked for.


We started together and finished together! I love these girls!
ooooh, chocolate milk never tasted so good!
The legs were a little wobbly, but we felt pretty good--a lot better than we did after our training run of 22 miles.

My man who loves and supports me. He inspires me with his drive and discipline. Love you T-bone!!

2 comments:

Pedaling said...

wow! that is awesome and you are looking FINE!

seriously though. great job, kim.
i could never do that. or maybe i should say, i would never WANT to do that.

Way to Go!

Snap said...

Wow impressive!! Great job! That is one thing that I don't ever see myself doing. I think of it as sheer torture, and I like running...
Way to go to both of you!



A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it.

- George Moore